This blog is very special to me. I’m currently on a Taxotere (chemo) regiment and currently taking probiotics to maintain the flora (good bacteria) in my digestive track. Chemo therapy is the last line of defense for advanced PCa patients. All tumors from different tissues and organs can be killed by high doses of chemotherapy and radiation, but the current challenge for treating the later-staged metastasized cancer is that you often actually kill the [patient] before you kill the tumor.
Breakthrough new science conducted at the University of Michigan is about to be published in the journal Nature reveals that intestinal health is the key to surviving chemotherapy.
Lets look at the facts:
1. Many deaths occur while on chemo and attributed to the chemo. (I know as I went septic while on Taxotere and spent approximately 2 months in the hospital and 9 days in a coma).
2. Chemotherapy is deadly. It is the No. 1 cause of death for cancer patients in America, and the No. 1 side effect of chemo is more cancer.
3. Why you need probiotics; The substance is called “Rspo1″ or “R-spondon1.” It activates stem cell production within your own intestinal walls, and these stem cells are like super tissue regeneration machines that rebuild damaged tissues faster than the chemotherapy can destroy them, thereby allowing the patient to survive an otherwise deadly does of chemo poison.
4. Approximately 75% of your immune system is regulated by the “Good Bacteria” (Flora) in your intestine. Once attacked and killed by chemo, bad bacteria is allowed to grow thus causing a fever and a possible trip to the hospital, (I know this is true as I had a fever 3 out of 3 times on chemo and ended up in the hospital 3 out of 3 times).
5. Probiotics are likely the key to generating your own R-spondon1.
6. Probiotics are a key determining factor in the ability of your intestines to maintain the appropriate gene expression for the very kind of rapid cellular regeneration that can help your body survive a fatal dose of chemotherapy.
7. If your gut bacteria are out of whack, so to speak, the gene expression of your epithelial cells will be suppressed, thereby slowing or halting the regenerative potential of your intestinal cells. This is why people who have imbalanced intestinal flora also suffer from inflammatory intestinal conditions such as Crohn’s, IBS and so on.
8. This article seems to indicate that the kind of gut bacteria “wipeout” caused by antibiotics could prove fatal to a chemotherapy patient.
This article goes on to express that many cancer patients are simultaneously prescribed antibiotics as they undergo chemotherapy. This could be a death sentence in disguise. While neither the antibiotics nor the chemo directly kill the patient, the combination of sterilized gut bacteria and highly-toxic chemotherapy drugs could multiply the toxicity and prove fatal. The death certificate, however, will say the patient died from “cancer,” not from the chemotherapy which is usually the actual cause of death.
My personal opinion is the Oncologists and Urologists need to prescribe probiotics to all chemo patients before taking on such a poisonous drug called “Chemo”!
“We are the champions my friend and we will keep on fighting until the end! (Queen)
The New Denver Men’s Club
Blog: https://newdenvermensclub.wordpress.com/ “Men Fighting Cancer To Win”
You can read all my posts at the blog site by clicking here